Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Expect JCP News next week

Whooooo - I have just had a hell of a rough week. I think the worst parts are done. (I asked the repairman to not come today and finished staining the deck myself. He was taking too long and made me uncomfortable. Frankie, who bit the veterinary tech and sent her to urgent care, has now finally completed three animal-control mandated "I don't have rabies, really" exams.)

But I've decided it would be sane to give my newsletter and Turbulence 2 an extension. They should come out next week sometime.

Puffy seems to be having himself a great week, anyway.


( 15 comments — Leave a comment )
Jun. 14th, 2012 01:23 pm (UTC)
You finished staining today? Must not be raining where you are. In St Paul, it's pouring and there is thunder. I love a good storm.

Btw, I did buy the CS6 upgrade and it's working beautifully. If only I had more time to play!
Jun. 14th, 2012 01:54 pm (UTC)
I had a really small window of time in which I could apply the second coat. If you wait too long, the first coat fully cures and the paint is more likely to peel. Thunderstorms shouldn't start until tomorrow, so I had to do it this morning. (Considered doing it before I went to bed last night but glad I didn't Took twice as long as I thought.)

I managed to crash something in CS6 finally, but I don't remember which program. Maybe Dreamweaver.
Jun. 14th, 2012 03:13 pm (UTC)
Oh no! I hope your week gets better asap. Wow, what kind of tests do they give cats for that?
Woohoo, more Turbulence I can't wait :o)
Jun. 14th, 2012 03:58 pm (UTC)
I think the only way to test for rabies is to dissect the brain. But since Frankie was up to date on vaccinations, they just needed to "observe" him on three separate visits to ensure he wasn't frothing and acting crazy.

They handle him VERY gingerly now. Probably more than they need to, but I guess that's better than someone else getting bit.

If he hadn't been up to date, he would have needed to be quarantined in a facility rather than in my house. :(
Jun. 14th, 2012 05:50 pm (UTC)
I did the stupid thing of taking all 3 puppies to the vet at once. 2 boys and one girl. My doxie was one of those boys. My vet is great, sweet as can be. But naturally the girl yelped when she got her shot. The other boy did not like that one bite and started growling and posturing and trying to bite. Every time I took him he'd get sedated.

I also did another stupid thing - not surprising, I know - and went to the ER after my two boys got into a fight. My doxie bit me in the process. Not the first time but for some reason I thought I should go and see if I need stitches. Found out they really don't do stitches for dog bites and that my doxie wasn't up to date. He hurt his back so he doesn't go any farther than my deck and only supervised - the bald eagles would see him as a nice snack. I was petrified about what was going to happen and for 3 days tried to get a hold of the person in charge of such things. I left many panicky sob ridden messages on his machine. He called on the 4th day and asked if my dog was still alive and if so was he acting odd in any way. And with that he was cleared.
Jun. 14th, 2012 04:31 pm (UTC)

Bad Frankie! I live in fear that Chaos will do that sometime. I really should insist they wear welding gloves to touch him...
Jun. 14th, 2012 10:10 pm (UTC)
He was boarding there and they were playing...I guess now when/if I board him there he won't get much interaction. They just leave him in a room and approach him very gingerly.
Jun. 14th, 2012 06:40 pm (UTC)
Oh no, Jordan, take it easy for the rest of the week, will ya? I'm not having such a flash week myself, just glad it's Friday today!
Jun. 14th, 2012 10:11 pm (UTC)
Thanks! I really just want my routine back.
Jun. 14th, 2012 10:30 pm (UTC)
Sweet Frankie?
That's kinda funny. He looks like a big lug, a plush toy. That's their fault. They should know how to handle animals. Just the shot verification and home quarantine for a week should have been enough.
Jun. 15th, 2012 07:23 am (UTC)
Re: Sweet Frankie?
The rules are state law, so there's nothing different the vet could have done once the tech needed to see a doctor. But the whole incident was just bizarre, unexpected and emotionally draining.

Frankie is a big marshmallow, with me. But I don't roughhouse with the cats. I just cuddle them.
Jun. 15th, 2012 09:17 am (UTC)
Wow. Sounds like you've been having one stressful week, Jordan. I hope that's the last of it and you get a break soon.

How many and what kinds of fuzzy kids do you have? Frankie's probably very happy to be back home.
Jun. 15th, 2012 04:22 pm (UTC)
Next week looks pretty benign in comparison!

I have two cats: Puffy, a 15-year-old Persian, and Frankie, a 5-year-old flame point siamese mix. Oh, and two fish. Little corydoras.

It sounds like Puffy hammed it up at the vet and was everyone's buddy, and they had him out and about and totally catered to him. He seduced them with his strange charm.

Frankie was treated very gingerly after the bite. Next time I go out of town, Frankie can stay home and I'll only board Puffy. (He needs medication and too much attention to just be looked in on once a day.)
(Deleted comment)
Jun. 15th, 2012 04:24 pm (UTC)
I think it will be a downhill coast from here. Oh, I'm still trying to get my stupid podcast resolved. It's very frustrating. Every customer service rep has told me to do something different and, evidently, wrong. Hopefully I see a light at the end of the tunnel after going back and forth all week.
(Deleted comment)
Jun. 18th, 2012 09:48 am (UTC)
It was ridiculous. Essentially, my credit card expiring had cancelled the whole account. I needed to re-subscribe (and re-pay) and then my content could be restored and whatever time was left on my expired account could be extended.

But the weird shit many of the reps had me do that had nothing to do with nothing? (Futzing with domain-level settings that I never needed to). Just...weird. I can't possibly be the only person this has happened to.

If I hadn't dealt with this within 30 days, it would have been lost forever. Plus it took me about 8 days to navigate customer service.

This was a big part of my frustration last week. Glad it's DONE.
( 15 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

April 2017


Powered by LiveJournal.com